Saturday, August 18, 2012

Getting to Know Nikki McCoy



Today, we welcome Nikki McCoy to our blog. She'll tell us a little about herself and share some info about her new novel.

About Nikki McCoy:

Well, I regret to say there’s not much to me when it comes to adventure, hehe. I have always loved a simple life and find more joy in the presence of my family at home than I ever would by traveling around the world or constantly filling my days with excitement. Don’t get me wrong, I also love to do something crazy every once in a while, but nothing for me beats a day of waking up to a houseful of boys, writing until my brain shuts off, then curling up in bed with the hubby (when the youngest one isn’t using his big brown eyes to sucker me into letting him sleep with us J).

I’ve recently taken a break in my studies as a psychology major. I think I definitely burned myself out in that department, but it’s only temporary. I’m still going for that all-elusive PH. D. soon as I get my butt around to concentrating on school again. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying the simple life and immersing myself in my addiction of reading and writing.

Currently, I’m working on a fantasy book for teenagers and finding it a bit difficult to concentrate on. I actually have to remind myself to veer away from sensual scenes and erotic pleasures. In fact, I am constantly have to stop and get a quick romance fix by reading a steamy book before I can go on with the g-rated novel I’m working on, lol. What can I say, I’m a romance junkie. While I look forward to returning to the genre I love so much, I am very excited to write this new challenge I’ve set for myself. Anyhow, I hope everyone is having a great week and has the opportunity to sit back just once today and think, ‘Life is sweet’ J

About Crimson Mate by Nikki McCoy:

For centuries, a feud has existed between two powerful races, pitting Ba'Kal against Vam'kir, shifter against vampire. Quinn has suffered through the pain of the ongoing contention in ways no man should ever be subjected to. Once the respected son of the King of Vam'kir, his life was forever altered the day his father realized a truth not even he was aware of.

 As ruler of the Ba'Kal, it is up to Manning to seek justice for the vicious attacks on his kind perpetrated by the Vam’kir, but his very beliefs are called into question when he discovers that his newly found mate is also his enemy. To keep Quinn safe, he must put aside his anger and learn to trust in the impossible, that love might truly exist beyond boundaries. For if he fails, his future will not be the only one to come to an end.

Buy Link: https://spsilverpublishing.com/product_book_info/coming-soon-c-2/products_id/982/?zenid=6dfc05285b6508fc3fea995d611c5240

About the Characters in Crimson Mate by Nikki McCoy:

Quinn was a very easy man to write. I see a little bit of him in all of us ― the fear of committing to the uncertain, desire to love and be loved, and the absolute need to find independence. Manning is both his equal and opposite in many ways. In most books that are centered around characters who are predestined mates, I get the sense that those characters learn to love the qualities of each other while being physically tethered by sexual desire. Even in some of the books I’ve written, that is the case. In this book, however, it felt like the characters recognized the qualities of one another as that of those they’d been searching for all along in a partner. There was nothing really to learn, only accept.

As much as I fell in love with them, though, I must admit that Merebeth and George were my favorites. In one of my psychology classes, I remember reading a theory on the cycles of love that suggested the romance in relationships eventually peters out, giving way to a sense of companionship and complacence. Personally, I can’t imagine that ever happening in my relationship with my husband. The day I become satisfied with simple companionship and nothing more with him is, I hope, the day I leave this world. The all-encompassing love and compassion Merebeth and George have for each other after countless years together was beautiful and reaffirmed my hopes that I will be just like them when I’m older.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki,
    Great to have you at Cafe Risque! Crimson Mate sounds incredible and on my must read list. Have a great chat.
    Scotty Cade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scotty! Glad you could drop by :)

    ReplyDelete