Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guilty! (Pleasures, that is...) from T.C. Blue



We all have them. Those little things we're ashamed or embarrassed about enjoying, or even loving. Things we only rarely admit, and even then only to our closest, most trusted confidants.

They can be anything. Certain books, or movies, or TV shows. Even certain kinds of music, though I've talked music enough here already. J

So in thinking about what to post today, I've decided to come out of the… well, not closet, really, but out of the dark little room in which I hide while watching bad movies from the 80s, and certain television programs.

Hi, I'm Tis, and I LOVE my guilty pleasures. After all, what's not to love about "My Best Friend is a Vampire" (starring a very young Robert Sean Leonard who went on to House fame, among other things), or "Love at First Bite," or "Weird Science"? Or "UHF," and "3 O'Clock High," and "Trancers"? What about "Two Moon Junction"? Or pretty much anything with Rutger Hauer or Bruce Campbell. Haha! There are too many to even list here, and I saw them all. Usually a few years after their release, and on VHS, but I saw them. Loved them. Still do. (My personal favorite is still "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - Across the Eighth Dimension," of course.)

Television is a whole other story. I hate to admit it, but I actually watch "Gossip Girl" and "Pretty Little Liars" regularly. I blush while doing so, but damned if I'm not there, eyes glued to the screen (or monitor, rather). I watch "Vampire Diaries" and "Revenge" and a few others that I won't go into right now, and "Dante's Cove" will forever be on my list of shows I revisit on DVD.

So what is it about these shows that appeals to me? I have no idea. They have no relevance whatsoever. No real meaning with regards to having a message that applies to real life. They display some of the worst and most ridiculous behavior ever -- things that would likely get people in real life arrested or worse, and yet… I love it. J

I love to tune in to find out what Chuck Bass is going to do next, what Blair Waldorf is plotting. What twisted plan Serena's involved in. I love watching Damon and Stefan screwing up, and Elena at a loss for words or actions. Yeah, it all makes me giggle. Still blushing, but giggling none the less.

So what are YOUR guilty pleasures? I've opened the door. Now I need people to join me. No judging here!



~Tis

1 comment:

  1. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" Ha! It's one of those movies that I watched as a teenager and absolutely loved. Yes, I know it has ABSOLUTELY no meaning and that there are those that find it stupid. I find it stupid too, but I can't turn away from it. And then I have a huge spot in my heart for John Hughes movies "Sixteen Candles", "The Breakfast Club", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", and "Pretty in Pink" are just a few of my favorites....I have a collection :)

    If we're talking TV, "Once Upon a Time" on ABC is my absolute favorite. There's also "True Blood" on HBO and "Shameless" on Showtime....all shows I can't seem to live without, but no, I have no idea why I can't seem to miss one. (DVR and Hulu have saved me stress a couple times)

    If we want to get into books and music, I may be here all day...books are probably my biggest guilty pleasure...I'm constantly reading...not that I ever really feel guilty about it ;)

    ReplyDelete