Tuesday, August 14, 2012

When good speling and grammer is a must...


Good spelling and grammar aren't just necessary when writing books. Books, especially ebooks, can be changed in future editions to correct any spelling mistakes. Plus, when you're talking about between 50 and 100 thousand words, a mistake or two are generally bound to slip past the author, editor, and proofreader's eyes.

Not so much with tattoos. They're a forever kind of thing. Sure, you can have them lasered off, but that's a bit more painful and expensive than just hitting the delete key, right? I mean, wouldn't you want to be absolutely sure how something is spelled before you start permanently etching it into my skin?

I am continually amazed at how many people have mispelled or grammatically incorrect tats. Seriously dude, do these tat artists not own dictionaries? Maybe tattoo guns should come with  built-in spell-check. I can almost understand it in prison tattoos. After all, one can't be fussy about spelling and grammar when it's necessary to keep only one eye on the tattoo because the other is looking out for anyone trying to shove a shiv in your back.

But if I'm paying you a couple hundred dollars for a tattoo, I would like to think you know how to spell the word "tomorrow."












 Or the word, "tragedy."



Yeah, not so much.

Oh, and the words "your" and "you're" are NOT interchangeable. Neither are "to," "too," and "two," or "there," "their," and "they're." Just sayin'.

http://www.elistmania.com/images/articles/186/Original/Direction.jpg



And who in the blue hell is "Noone" and why can't we trust him?

 

And is this supposed to be a tribute to diabetes?
http://www.elistmania.com/images/articles/186/Original/Sweet_Golden.jpg

I think the next time I get a tat, I'm going to bring a dictionary with me. You know, just in case. I don't want to end up with "Gay Romance Arthur" tattooed on my butt. 






11 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that last one MAY be correct and they are just into water sports in a big way. ;-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my boredom and surfing the web this morning, I found THIS. It's how you correct the spelling error.

      Delete
    2. ROFLMAO! Well, at least they could squeeze it in there!

      Delete
  2. At least we know what Comedy is laughing at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The way they spelled tragedy is tragic, actually. ROFLMAO!

      Delete
  3. Gay Romance Arthur hmmm...well, you can always change your pen name I guess...

    :D

    T.t. Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! It's true Tomarrow never knows....seriously I had to read this twice....I was laughing "to" hard the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm pretty sure the person wearing the tat isn't laughing, though. If they're even aware of the error, that is.

      Delete
  5. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry at these pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to laugh. I'm sure the owners are crying enough for everyone. LOL

      Delete