Thursday, September 13, 2012

COCK! (from T.C. Blue)



  
So, Kiernan's first post here at Cafe Risque shared a similar title, though hers was 'PENIS!'

Mine is slightly different in that I've titled it 'COCKS!' LOL

It's also different in that I'm not talking about how much we all love them, though if you're here and read within the M/M genre, you likely have a deep and abiding love of cock. I hope so, anyway. *grins*

What I'm talking about today is something a long-ago review mentioned. To be honest, I don't really recall whether it was a review of one of my books or a review for a book one of my friends wrote. That's how long ago it was. Heh-heh.

So here's the thing (and it's not just that it was mentioned in that ages-old review but that I've noticed it -- and done it -- myself).

There seems to be a convention of sorts within the gay romance genre where one guy has a fat cock and the other a longer, thinner one. I see it all the time. I write it all the time. I'm not sure where it comes from. (The convention, not the cock. I know exactly where the cock comes… from.) Or should I say I'm not sure from whence it originates? *ponders proper English/grammar* Even with this lack of knowledge, I feel this urge to explain. From my own perspective.

Now, having had sex more than once (even more than twice, hard as that may be to believe… oh, okay, I'm not giving numbers because it would make me sound -- deservedly so -- like a complete slut), I've had ample opportunity to sample the many sizes, widths, and qualities of cock. And if you think there's no such thing as 'quality of cock'? You and I need to have a long, drunken conversation one night. Seriously.

So, considering this wealth of research I took it upon myself to conduct in my more youthful days, I claim myself to be qualified to discuss the merits of various sorts of cocks and my own reasons for assigning the 'shorter but thicker' and 'thinner but longer' stereotypes to my characters. (This is obviously different in the threesomes I've written, and we're NOT getting into any research I may or may not have done that would apply to those instances! :P)

See, as far as I'm concerned, I like my guys to experience the best of both worlds. I don't want cock-drama rearing its ugly head(s). (Excuse the pun-ish nature of that comment. Please.) So my guys are always happy with whatever their partner has… or become happy with it, if they're not right at first. (At the risk of over-sharing, my favorite ex wasn't hung like a bull. He was actually smaller than average in that area. He was still amazing and the best sex I've ever had. The sex had nothing to do with why we broke up. The real reason is a story for another time, and trust me, that time will come. Let's just say there's a reason I don't write about cheating. Heh.)

So usually, in my couple-books, one guy has a fat cock that's not overly long while the other had a long cock that's not overly fat. Invariably, the one with the long cock loves the width of his (prospective) partner, while the other guy loves the gut-probing length of the first (Um, okay. Gut-probing may be a bit much. :P). It creates a balance between them -- length balancing width. An equality, if you will, just as one person being a great painter can be balanced by their counterpart being a great… cop or doctor or actor or singer.

So that's MY reasoning. It's all about balance.

Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to hear what you guys think. Is it too predictable? Too trite? Too much a trope? Or am I just being too sensitive, wanting things to be perfect? How do you guys feel about this? Enquiring minds want to know! :P   
~Tis



No comments:

Post a Comment