Monday, September 24, 2012

Reader Reviews by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday, y'all.

Last week, Dreamspinner Press had a great sale, so I decided some serious shopping was in order. There were books I knew I wanted on my wishlist, some writers who are auto-buys for me, and I also some bought certain books because readers told me how much they had enjoyed them. I was thinking you might also appreciate hearing from other readers about their favorite books too, so I posted a request on Facebook and a few reader reviews showed up in my in box.

I'll post those over the next few weeks and make the same request here - if you have a favorite book, please consider sharing your thoughts with other readers. Send me an e-mail and I'll post your review of a wonderful book so other readers can enjoy it. New release, old favorite, doesn't matter. As long as it touched you, made you laugh, or warmed your heart, someone else will appreciate reading it too.

Today, I'm going to share Marieke's review of Faith and Fidelity. I hope you enjoy it (both the book and the review). Leave a comment here, I'm sure Marieke will appreciate reading them.


Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels


If you are looking for fun and light reading, this is not your book.

Faith and fidelity starts with a tragedy and sucks you right in the world of pain of one of the main characters, Detective Evan Cerelli. He has been happily married for 15 years when his wife dies in a car crash and leaves him to care for their four children.

When he meets Matt Haight, an ex-cop who lost his job, his home, and basically his entire life, they become drinking buddies.
After many drunken nights, 
something starts to grow between them. Both straight their whole lives it takes some getting used to their new-found feelings. 

This part of the book is very endearing. Both men are willing but clumsy when it comes to making love. The fact that there are children involved in their lives makes it even harder for them to get this relationship on the road. 

After Evan gets shot on the job Matt steps up to take care of him. But some things happen and everything falls apart.

Thank god there is a happy ending because after all the tears and heartache you get from reading the feelings and actions of both these men, you’ll need it. Faith & Fidelity is very well written and the characters are strong and well defined. You grow to love the men and the children, you’ll feel the love they have for each-other and the kids. 

The struggle with being gay, grief, and in-laws has you captured from the moment you start reading. It will wring the tears out of you but in the end it will all be worth it.

Marieke


Thanks for sharing this review, Marieke. I've read this book (and the other two in the series) and I also enjoyed them very much. - Cardeno C. (www.cardenoc.com)

1 comment:

  1. I adore this book...this series! And you're right the heartache and tears definitely deserve a happy ending! :) It's been a while since I read this series...I may need to go back and read it again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete