Monday, September 17, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas and Broccoli by Cardeno C.



Happy Monday, everybody. Today is a recipe day. This is one I got from Sam Shell and tweaked just a bit. Thanks, Sam! 

Ingredients


1 lb broccoli cut into large spears, stems chopped into 1/2 size pieces (Sam uses frozen, I used fresh, both worked fine)

a bulb of garlic, separate into cloves, skins removed (if any of the cloves are huge, cut in half length-wise otherwise leave them as whole cloves)

1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt (I used garlic salt)

black pepper to taste

1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (I used fresh once and it was good too)

2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional; I used more than 2 tsp)

1lb brussel sprouts (optional; Sam makes w/out these, but I love them so I add them)

1 cup dried cranberries (optional; recipe is good w/out these, but I like the zing they add)

1 cup vegetable broth

Instructions

Preheat oven 400F

Place broccoli (and brussel sprouts and cranberries, if using), garlic, and chickpeas in a 9x13 pan. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, several pinches of black pepper, oregano, and lemon zest, if using. Again, toss to coat.

Bake for 15 minutes, take it out, and toss. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes, take it out, toss, and then add vegetable broth. Return to oven again for final 15. (That’s 15 minutes, toss, 15 minutes, toss and add broth, and 15 minutes for a total baking time of 45 minutes.)

Sam serves this with rice. I’ve served it with quinoa, with pasta, and with fake chicken. Hope you enjoy!

CC

www.cardenoc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment