Monday, October 1, 2012

Reader Reviews by Cardeno C.



Happy Monday, y'all. Today I'm sharing another review from a reader about one of her favorite books. This one is by Shirley Frances and it's for a book I haven't read (yet): Loving Luki Vasquez by Lou Sylvre. Please leave a comment here for Shirley to let her know how much you enjoyed her review (I sure did!).


Loving Luki Vasquez by Lou Sylvre


"Loving Luki Vasquez isn't all that easy."


Wow, what a roller coaster! Luki is a tough guy with many insecurities, quirks and a rough past. While Sonny, sweet on the outside but strong on the inside, likes control and keeps himself away from any form of emotional attachment, except when in regards to his nephew Delsyn. 

These two are thrown together in the most unusual way. At first, the story was dragging and I could not connect to any of the characters. But as the story progressed I totally understood where they were coming from and that in a way, they were the perfect match. 

"What are you looking at?"


I thoroughly enjoyed the dialog between these two. It was filled with humor, banter and deep emotion. Lou Sylvre managed to give a very deep insight into each character's personalities and struggles. With each detail that was revealed I felt more connected to them and they became more real to me. Their insecurities were very easy to relate to, which in turn, made me more intrigued in their story. 

"You're crying most of the time, and everyone knows it but you." 


I liked that Sonny could 'see' Luki right away. That he could look beyond his scars and accept him and love him even when he usually kept himself closed off. Luki had this wall of ice so firmly in place that at times I thought it was a hopeless situation for Sonny. There was a point in the book that I just wanted to shake some sense into Luki (really, I wanted to smack some sense into him, but I'm trying to be all proper here!). I did understand his struggles but he broke my heart in that moment. But, I am a sucker for romance and this is fiction, so I forgave him and he made it up to me...err, Sonny along the way. So, all is good.

"You're a jackass, Luki, not a monster." 


The writing was very good, although the pacing was a bit slow there in the beginning. However, I think it was more a personal thing than anything. I really just wanted to connect with Luki and Sonny and it took me a while. In the end, I am glad I took my time and waited out my impatience because it was worth it. Looking forward to the next installment. This was a great read! 

Keep spreading the love!

xoxo, 

Shirley Frances



Thanks for sharing this review, Shirley. I bought all the books in the series based on your recommendation. 

If y'all have a favorite book, please consider sharing your thoughts with other readers. Send me an e-mail and I'll post your review of a book you loved so other readers can enjoy it. New release, old favorite, doesn't matter. As long as it touched you, made you laugh, or warmed your heart, someone else will appreciate reading it too.

- Cardeno C. (www.cardenoc.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment