Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Most WonderGhoul Time... (T.C. Blue loves Halloween!)


I could totally say something here about GRL, but BG and Kiernan have already done that extremely well, so I'll simply say that their accounts were entirely accurate and much fun was had in Albuquerque by me, as well. *grins* I even opened myself to complete (and public!) humiliation by 'singing' karaoke! (Those who weren't at GRL this year can be glad to have missed that particular debacle. *nodnod*) So GRL is what I won't be talking about today. I won't even apologize for flaking on posting last Thursday due to GRL events and such, as well as lack of time. *rueful grin*

Instead of any of that (haha!) I'm going to talk about Halloween, which is -- hands down -- my favorite holiday of the year. I LOVE IT! It's fun, festive, colorful, and has a very colorful history. That history is also not what I'll be talking about. Maybe next year. *hee* THIS year, it's all about the vampires for me! Vampire movies, to be more specific.

So yesterday (Wednesday), I was feeling kind of sick (still am, thanks to this lovely cold I picked up in New Mexico) and also a wee bit out of sorts, likely due to it being late October with temperatures in the mid-seventies where I live. This does not seem like the sort of weather I recall from when I was a kid. Of course, that doesn't stop it from being only a week away from the bestest holiday ever, right? RIGHT!

Being a bit under the weather (no pun intended :P), I spent a while cruising around on Netflix, seeing what was available to get me in the Halloween-y mood, since the temperature outside wasn't doing the trick, and I was actually quite amused by some of the movies I came across. Many are new to me (and I now have a whole list of those), but there were a few that have me feeling downright nostalgic.

Anybody remember Dracula - Dead and Loving It? How about Rockula? From Dusk Till Dawn, and Queen of the Damned? (All old favorites that I'd not seen in far too long.) And more recent movies, like... Daybreakers (Ethan Hawke in Vampland!), Blood Wars (pure silliness on a college campus), Transylmania (I can't even explain the silliness here), and a show I never heard of that MTV did, called Death Valley, which is gory but funny enough that I giggled.

Yes, I love vampires. And witches, and werewolves, and ghosts, and... well, pretty much everything along those lines. However, I thought it would be better if I focused on only ONE type of para-supe movie this time. Otherwise this post would get way out of hand. Hahaha!

I have to say that I love Netflix. In my browsing, I came across an incredible number of vampire flicks I'd never even heard of, and many of them are recent. Some are also clearly rip-offs of the Twilight/Vampire Diaries type things, but that's to be expected (and possibly avoided depending on one's own tastes). Others sound tremendously interesting and I'm looking forward to watching The Moth Diaries, Blood Angels, Midnight Mass, Dead Cert, and a whole slew of others between now and October 31st! (My one regret is that Netflix doesn't have my all time fave, The Nightmare Before Christmas, available for streaming! Luckily, I own a couple versions of it. LOL)

How about you, dear friends? What's your favorite Halloween viewing experience? Do you prefer vamps, ghosts, or something else that goes bump in the night? Do you like your All Hallow's Eve flicks to be scary, funny, silly, or spooky? Inquiring minds want to know!

2 comments:

  1. for me halloween is usually a quiet affair of handing out candy and watching a scary movie or two

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!! Thank you so much for the awesome hop and giveaway! :)
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete