Thursday, November 8, 2012

Serious Business!!! (says T.C. Blue - haha!)


Hey there, everyone, and thanks for stopping by! *grins*

First let me say thank you to the lovely Kiernan Kelly for posting today to share information about the Torquere Charity Sip Blitz. As she said, the organization reaping the benefits of this years charity endeavor is the NOH8 Campaign. This organization is very near and dear to my heart, and I fully encourage anyone and everyone to go to the Torquere web site and buy the stories! Here's the info on the sip blitz, copied from Torquere:

For 2012-2013, Torquere's authors have chosen the theme "Leather Bound" in honor of Torquere’s ninth anniversary. The ninth is traditionally the leather anniversary, what better theme to let GLBTQ writers go wild. The charity which will benefit from this year’s Charity Blitz is NOH8, whose mission is to promote marriage, gender and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest. More than twenty five authors have written short fiction pieces and have agreed to donate all proceeds of the sales of these stories to this year's charitable organization. Torquere Press Inc. will match the authors' donations completely.

And the link, just in case: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_111

Okay, so now to move on to the 'serious business' portion of this post (not that the sip blitz isn't serious business, of course).

This past Tuesday was election day here in the US. I'm sure everyone reading this blog already knows which way I voted and how happy I am to say that this wonderful country's citizens elected the man who *I* believe to have been the right choice. (Okay, could that sentence have been any more awkward? *ponders* No... no, I think not.) Tuesday also saw the majority of voters of my home state, Maryland, support marriage equality, and that makes me just as happy. So on the whole, Tuesday night (more like Wednesday morning, crazy early) was a good one. It seems as though the United States is moving forward, and that's something that makes me smile.

Now, I'm not going to go on and on about politics or the election (I do have some fairly wachy conspiracy theories that I might share at a later date, but that would be then and this is definitely now). Instead, I'm going to link to a few youtube videos that I found amusing this past week or so. I hope you guys will like them, and I'll see you next week! :D

Chris Rock on Obama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxOSjgl5Z4

Joss Whedon speaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo

Will Ferrell makes you an offer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rGaE5je7vE

Aaaaaannndddd... just because this makes me giggle, Romney Bad Lip Reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5i3F0YnkP0&feature=related

Have a good day, guys, and thanks for visiting the Cafe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment