Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome to the Weird (T.C. Blue's week in review)


Well, as most of you know, I live in Maryland, which was right in the path of the lovely *rolls eyes* Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy. What you may not know is just how incredibly hysterical people around here get over weather. (To be fair, we don't get hurricanes often, so consider, if you will, that the threat of this sort of weather here is like telling the state of Florida or Louisiana that they're about to get a foot of snow.)

There was much rushing about for many in my neighborhood. Groceries, water, gasoline, batteries. Me? I bought some coke and hot pockets and called it a day. I don't think there will ever be a storm so bad I'll need to have 80 rolls of toilet paper. Just saying.

So Sandy came... sort of. We got a bunch of wind and a few days of truly depressing rainy/drizzly/steady wetness. My power went out for about two minutes. No big, right? In fact, it was so little big, I was inclined to start with the inappropriate humor (cuz that's just how I roll). Then I started seeing stories about people who'd died and other horrible effects of the storm and decided it was WAY too soon to start being a smart ass. Smart-assery will come, and when it does it will likely involve Grease in some way. Heh.

Now, I'm sure you're wondering how this qualifies as weird, and perhaps it doesn't in any way other than the most important one. I'm restaining my automatic impulse to be irreverent and crass. That might actually be a sign of the apocalypse.

There's actually a whole bunch of other strange things I could mention, but I'm not sure those things are weird to anyone but me. Haha!

Hope you all, wherever you are, survived the week relatively unscathed.

Until next time, Love and stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment