Thursday, December 6, 2012

Decisions, decisions! (aka~ T.C. Blue can't make up her mind!)


Hi, everyone, and thanks for joining us here today! *grins*

Now, it's getting close to X-mas time, and that means you're all busy, right? So I'm going to make this short and sweet. (See how I did that? I'm helping YOU have more time to get things done! I am in no way busy this time of year myself. Nope, not at all! :P)

So, the decisions I mentioned in the subject line aren't actually holiday related and I'm hoping some of you can help me out, here.

Twitter or Facebook? Seriously, that's what I'm having a hard time with.

See, loads of people do both. I know that. But I find that my limited mental capacity doesn't allow me to jump back and forth between social media sites. Haha!

I like Twitter. I do. There's something very... soundbyte-y and kind of challenging about it. (And if you think cramming an entire thought into 140 characters isn't a challenge for me when even my short stories suffer from a surfeit of plot, you're out of your mind! :D)

Facebook, otoh... MUCH easier to get a point across when there are seemingly limitless characters available per post. And people do seem to check facebook frequently.

I've been having this argument -- I mean disagreement :P -- with one of my besties for the last year or so, and we've gotten nowehere. I say Twitter, he says FB (or both).

What do you guys think? Which do you prefer and why?

~Tis

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Twitter girl, mainly because it's just much easier to keep up with. Facebook does allow for more space, but that's also a drawback, because it's a lot more to wade through. On Twitter, pictures and links are just links, while they're embedded into the posts on FB. Plus Twitter doesn't show you everything everyone posts--okay, well, neither does Facebook, but it's not so clear-cut, and it's easier to miss something you would've been interested in.

    In short, I'm on both Twitter and Facebook, but Twitter is leaps and bounds ahead in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! FB is fine when I have a lot to say (almost never since I'm always happier talking in person than typing), but for snippets, which are all I really need to know whether my peeps are okay? Twitter, every time! :D

      Delete