Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pretty Pictures


Drawing by Reese Dante
Sorry, no flash fic this week. I'm on very limited internet time, and my family is all getting over the plague. But still, I've got something really awesome for you:

I've been on a quest for some time to make new artwork for my web site. And I did mean make, I graduated from college with half an art degree (the other half got lost under my dorm room bunk bed or something) but eventually after some hilarity and a lot of tears, I just totally gave up. I wanted something that captured a particular feel, and I just wasn't finding stock art that worked, and my busy schedule didn't allow for the endless searching and futzing. I nearly lost my scant remaining marbles. Our wonderful Mary Calmes insisted I call Reese Dante. and here is what Reese did:


I'm so in love. Reese was unerringly patient with my rambly stream of consciousness emails and in the end captured the essence of exactly what I was looking for. You can see the full version at my website.  

If you love Reese's work and are in the market for a custom book cover, logo, or a gorgeous banner like this one, get in touch with her at ReeseDante.com


2 comments:

  1. What a great artwork. Just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's amazing. The drawing came out even better than I anticipated. :)

    ReplyDelete