Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whips, and Floggers, and Ball Gags, Oh My!


Well, it's certainly been a while since last I posted to the blog, but I've been a very busy little camper. I went on a week-long, and much-needed cruise with the hubs a couple of weeks ago, where I totally unplugged from the world - no cellphones, no Internet, no nada. It was...nerve-wracking. I thought it would be relaxing, but no...all I could do was think about everything I should be doing - edits, writing, gathering promo for an upcoming convention, and so forth.

We sailed Royal Caribbean on the Oasis of the Sea, one of their largest cruise ships. We visited Haiti, Jamaica (first time we were back there since our honeymoon 31 years ago!), and Cozumel, and had a great time when I wasn't worrying about work. We didn't spend much time on Haiti, since aside from the beach, a roller coaster, and a market, there really wasn't much to do. The island is still hurting severely from the earthquake, and tourists aren't allowed beyond a very tiny portion of the island. On Jamaica we visited a crocodile sanctuary where the famous crocodile-jumping scene in the James Bond flick,  Live or Let Die was filmed. On Cozumel, we visited Mayan ruins and spent a few hours on the beach, although the water was too chilly to swim.

I got to make up for that by taking advantage of the hot tubs aboard ship. Man, if I could've slipped one into my purse, I so would've smuggled it ashore and put it in my yard.

Anyway, once I got home, I dove right into the work I'd worried about while I was gone. It's only now that I have a breather and am able to post here. Even so, I've still got a ton of work on the horizon, including finishing up a couple of novels and shorts I've got in the works.

On that front, the anthology I edited (and wrote a story for), Fifty Gays of Shade, has a cover and a release date! Yay! It'll be released on February 13th, 2013 through Torquere Press. I'll post a buy link as soon as it goes live in a couple of weeks.

Here's the cover:

Hot, huh?

With 17 sizzling stories by some of the most talented writers in the genre, this is a collection I'm very proud of, and excited about! The unique thing about this anthology is that, while every story is a stand alone and features new and unique characters written in each author's distinctive voice, they all take place at a BDSM club called Shady Business, and feature at least a walk-on by my character, the owner of the club, Grey Shade.

Whether you like your BDSM playful or rough, and your stories light or angsty, there's something for everyone in this anthology.

Here's the foreward, written by moi, as an introduction to the club and the book.



You walk in the door.


Music is pounding, the bass thrumming deep in your bones, awakening primal urges you didn't even know you had. Even with the loud music, you imagine you can still hear the more delicate sounds of flesh slapping flesh, of leather striping skin. The lights are pulsing, flashes of color briefly painting the walls, floor, and people with rainbow colors. You take a deep breath to still your jangly nerves, and inhale a lungful of air. Your nose fills with the warm scent of leather mixed with the heady aromas of men and sex. The testosterone in the air is so thick you may need a machete to cut through it to reach the other side of the room.


Welcome to Shady Business, the hottest gay BDSM club in town. 


There's Grey Shade, the owner, standing over by the bar. He's the Dom wearing black leather, his handsome face creased with a smirk that drives a spike of lust deep into your balls. Well-built, in his prime, he's a man whose every move screams sex and dominance. Your ass burns just looking at him, your imagination filling in all the erotic details of your instant fantasy.


Come in, have a drink. Whatever your fancy, whatever you're seeking, whatever your needs may be, you'll find what you're looking for here. Dom or sub, top or bottom, the Yin to your Yang is waiting just beyond the Member's Only door. 


Don't worry. You won't leave unsatisfied. 


At Shady Business, no good deed ever goes unpunished.




2 comments:

  1. Can't wait! Sounds exciting. love the excerpt.

    glad you got away for a little fun and relaxation!

    Doesn't sound like you need KP to crack the whip to get you back to work though!!! Just have him keep the Starbucks card loaded with money!

    Hugs! Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. That's his job, and he knows it. ROFLMAO!

      Delete