Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Olde City, New Blood Con


Got back Sunday night from the Olde City, New Blood convention in St. Augustine, Florida. This past weekend was the inaugural launch of the con, and I was pleased and honored to be a featured author at the event.

What was cool about the con was that it brought writers of both straight and GLBT paranormal and urban fantasy romance together.There were many panels where writers of both genres sat together to discuss whatever subject the panel was assigned.

I sat on three panels. "GLBT in Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance," "Shifters, Where the Weres Are," and "Is Your Manuscript Ready?" plus two meet and greets.

There were many familiar faces there. I got to hang out with T.c. Blue, K.C. Burn, Mary Calmes, Amy Lane, Damon Suede, Poppy Dennison, and many other writers. I had an absolutely fantastic time. Lord knows, I laughed A LOT.

One panel I did not sit on but attended was the flash fiction panel. Amy Lane and Damon were on it along with a handful of het authors. Good grief. The het authors didn't know what hit them. I'm sure they weren't ready for the panel to go off into the nether regions of naughty humor the way it did, but we gay romance writers expected nothing less. When T.c. Blue gave the prompt "platypi invasion," all bets were off. It got dirty and hilarious quickly from that point on.

All in all, I think the con was a success, and I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment