Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Official! I am Going to Chicago!!! by BG Thomas



Yup! It is happening! I am going to the DSP Workshop in Chicago!
 
Last year it was AMAZING--and this year promises to be--and many ways--better.
 
I cannot believe my plane tickets! Round trip for under $200! Can't beat that with a stick.
 
 
I came out in Chicago. It was a little Chicago bar that was my first ever gay bar. Walking in that room and nearly crying--knowing for sure and at last that I was not the only gay man--the only man who liked other men.
So to see Chicago again? VERY excited!

I arrive a day early so that I can spend the evening and night with a friend I haven't see in over twenty years.

I will spend and extra day so that I can maybe see a few sights? I hope so. AND that last day is my birthday. How cool is that?


But the main reason I am going of course is to see the whole DSP staff again. We became good friends last year and I can't believe how much I've missed them--and to meet so many of my fellow DSP writers--and to see writers I haven't seen in a year--HURRAY!--and also of course to learn, learn, learn. I learned so much valuable information last year that has helped me with my writing.

It is going to be glorious!

Namaste,
BG
 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, BG! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna miss it again? Am I ever going to meet you?

      Delete