Monday, April 15, 2013

Rachel's Berry Crisp by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday, y'all. So it's blog day and in a shocking twist ... nope. Sorry. No twist. But how do you feel about pies? 'Cause Rachel gave me a great recipe so I thought I'd share it with you. Enjoy. 


Rachel's Berry Crisp (in her own words)

It isn't precise because cooking is an art so wing it as you go. 

Any baking dish you like, I smear butter all over it to keep it from sticking. And because I like butter. 

Lots of berries. I pair sweet with tart. Strawberry with raspberry or marrionberry with blueberry, or gooseberry with peaches (I know peaches aren't a berry but it's still good). I add a couple of tablespoons of sugar, some lemon juice, and if you like/have 2-3 tablespoons berry liquor, a couple tbls of flour. 

Topping: One stick of butter melted. A cup to cup and a half of oats, 3-4 tablespoons of flour, half cup-3/4 cup of brown sugar, pinch of cinnamon. Varies on the size of your baking dish. 

Pour berries into baking dish, pour crisp mix on top, flatten down covering it. Bake in 375 oven for an hour. It's done when bubbly and brown, let set for at least 30 minutes. Rock it with ice cream.


Hope you have a terrific week.

CC

www.cardenoc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment