Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beyond the Story with Andrew Grey



Andrew Grey’s Good Fight series final book “Fight for Identity” was officially released on May 10th. Rainbowebooks.com offered this title and a bonus book “Takoda and Horse” on May 9th. In anticipation of this release staff at Rainbow eBooks interviewed Grey about his writing process:

Question: When did you write your first book? 
Grey: I wrote my first book, Master of the Revels in 2007. 

Question: How do story ideas come to you? 
Grey: I really wish I knew. Ideas seem to spring from nowhere or from news stories, works of art, or simple conversations. I never really know what will spark a story idea. 

Question: What is your writing process? 
Grey: I sit down and write. Usually I start with the characters, but sometimes I start with the setting. There's no outline or grand plan. I just tell my story. Most often I have a particular scene in mind and I know where I'm going, bit other than that, I'm as surprised as the next person where the story will take me. 

Question: How long did it take for you to write "Fight for Identity"?   
Grey: Almost a month I think. I write every day. Its important for me to keep the story flowing and that can only happen if I work on it daily and keep it fresh in my mind. 

Question: Can you tell me a little about your characters? How do they evolve from creative idea to individual with a recognizable voice in a story? 
Grey: I don’t know. For me it just happens. When I'm writing a story, there are at least three people in my head. Myself, and my two characters. I once tried working on two stories at once and thought I was going to go crazy. There were too many voices talking all at once. It isn't a mechanical process, but one that happens inside me. I wish I had a better answer, but it appears to be an organic part of me. 

All of the titles in the Good Fight series and Grey’s bonus story are available at RainboweBooks.com. Use this link to enjoy a 25% discount while shopping! http://www.rainbowebooks.com/store/affiliate-referral.php?code=lz7snvn4hyic

No comments:

Post a Comment