Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cover reveal: Coming Soon (again) Yes, Sir


I wrote Yes, Sir about three years ago, before the first GayRomLit retreat. I burned twenty copies to CD and gave them out in goody bags to some of the readers who attended. Later on, a few readers requested copies so I offered them on the GayRomLit email loop, and eventually somehow the story got listed on Goodreads as part of my body of work even though I'd never published it officially. For awhile the PDF was available for free on my web site and Goodreads, but I've since taken in down because I wasn't happy with the cover art (which I did myself--ew) or the fact that the only editing it had gotten was the review of my critique partner and beta readers. While my beta readers are great, I don't think there's ever a substitute for a professional editor.

So I've taken the story down temporarily. It's being re-edited as we speak, because I want what I put out in public to be the best it can be. Meanwhile...

Here's the new cover art, done by Pickyme.



About Yes, Sir
A New Orleans vacation takes an interesting turn when Grayson Harper lets a friend drag him along to see a voodoo priestess for a love spell. Suddenly he's having very vivid dreams about a mystery man that seem all too real, and doing things in them he never thought possible. But what will become of the man of his dreams once he leaves the magic of the French quarter?

Watch this space.
Love, Ellis




No comments:

Post a Comment