Sunday, September 22, 2013

Coming Soon: Something Old is New Again


I'm posting this today partly to honor my amazing cover designer, who God bless her, just got out of major surgery. I wanted to celebrate this beautiful thing she did before she had the misfortune of going in to get cut open because I am so, so in love. Mostly with the cover, but also a little with her because she's so freaking talented and amazing. I totally proposed marriage when I saw this thing, people. (she's taken, I'm afraid)

So I recently got my rights reverted for my first novella, Amor Prohibido. I loved this book when I wrote it and I love it still, but I always felt like I could have done more to make it even better. So I pulled it from production, polished it a little, and had Pickyme give it this gorgeous new cover. I'm also changing the title to Forbidden Love to make things clearer for readers. I didn't anticipate when I originally published it that many people would make the assumption that it was written in Spanish, and there are actually only about three sentences of Spanish dialogue in the entire book, so I felt like that change needed to be made.

I hope to have it back on virtual shelves very shortly:

Original cover:


New cover!
Cover design by Pickyme






























About Forbidden Love:
Jacob Freehan has no job, no man, and no motivation. In pain both from ending a long-term abusive relationship and a severe back injury, he escapes to the sunny seaside town of Puerto Morelos, Mexico for a little yoga, a little R&R, and possibly a place to quietly end his own life.

Pakal is a centuries-old immortal Mayan spirit guide who has been charged with getting Jacob on the path toward healing. Romantic involvement with a spirit charge is strictly forbidden, and it has never been a problem...until now. Pakal sees something special in Jacob, but failure to keep a rapidly growing attraction at bay could result in Jacob losing his life and Pakal being condemned to the Underworld forever...


If you haven't read the original, I hope you'll check out the new version in a couple of weeks. You can add it to your Goodreads TBR, here. 

Happy Sunday,
Love, Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment