Monday, November 25, 2013

November by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday! It's the end of the month so it's time for my monthly writing recap blog post. 

  • More Than Anything was released November 4th.
  • I did two rounds of edits for Walk with Me – the last Home book.
  • In Another Life, my short holiday novella, finished production and will be released December 1st.
  • Mary Calmes and I got a contract for our co-written shifter book, Control. Woot! Here's our description of it:
    Vy Aleknos is the leader of a hawk shifter flock. Openly gay since he was a teen, Vy was proud and self-assured on the outside, while secretly worrying he’d be forced to live life alone because two males can’t be mates. When bear shifter Robert Cimino appears in Vy’s small town, Vy realizes his concerns were unfounded — he has a male mate, and a sexy, dominant one to boot.

    Robert is a bear shifter who refuses to shift. Immediately attracted to Vy, he deviates from his normal pattern and seeks more than a one off with the powerful, bristly hawk. But when Vy realizes Robert isn’t aware they’re mates, he’s devastated and pulls away. Can Robert convince Vy to give their relationship as humans a chance or is it better to move on from a man so deeply ruled by his animal instincts?

  • I submitted a freestanding novel called Perfect Imperfections. I’ll let you know when I hear back. Here’s my description of it:

Jeremy Jameson is Hollywood royalty. The son of an Oscar-winning actress and a world-famous rock star, he’s lived a sheltered life with music as his sole focus and only friend. Before embarking on yet another international rock tour, he wanders into a bar in what he considers the middle-of-nowhere and meets a man who wins him over with his friendly smile and easy-going nature.

Reg Moore is an accountant slash bartender slash adventure-seeker. He has fun talking and drinking with The Jeremy Jameson and can’t say no when the supposedly straight rock star makes him a once in a lifetime offer: keep him company on his world tour by playing the part of his boyfriend. 

Listening to music, traveling the world, and jumping off cliffs is fun. Falling in love is even better. But to stay with Jeremy after the stage lights dim, Reg will need to help him realize there’s nothing pretend about their relationship.

  • I’m in the process of writing the next Mates book. My working title is In Your Eyes.
  • Thanksgivukkah is this week (combo of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving) so I’ve been gathering fun recipes. I know that’s not a writing recap thing but it’s fun so I wanted to share.

Have a terrific week and a wonderful Thanksgiving for those who celebrate.

CC
www.cardenoc.com

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! A contract for Control!!! Woohoo!! Congrats, guys!! Perfect Imperfections...I love this title...can't wait to read it... :) And the next Mates book...you are a busy little bee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for being slow to respond, Crissy. I'm not sure how to get this thing to notify me of comments. Anyway, yay!

      Delete