Monday, March 10, 2014

Song Inspirations by Cardeno C. (Tres)


Happy Monday! Many moons ago I wrote a couple of blog posts with song inspirations and last week I was reminded that it's been some time since the last one, so for today's quick post, I'll share a couple more song inspirations. I feel like I shared these before but I can't find the post so please forgive me if this is a repeat. 

Now for background, when I'm writing a new book, I usually find a song that I feel represents my characters or the theme of the story or otherwise reminds me of the story. I listen to that song a lot while I'm writing and I let the lyrics inspire my title.

Wake Me Up Inside 

Inspiration: "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence.

The lyrics of that song speak of someone whose core is numb and spirit is sleeping. They need someone to lead them out of that dark place before they come undone; they need to come home. I don't want to give too much away for anyone who hasn't read Wake Me Up Inside, but that is my first paranormal book. It's about shifters and the concept of what true mates need from and mean to each other in that world.

The One Who Saves Me

Inspiration: Wonderwall by Oasis

The One Who Saves Me is a childhood friends to lovers, my favorite type of book. Andrew and Caleb walk along a winding road for twenty years before they end up together. Caleb stands by Andrew through family heartache and relationship traumas that sometimes make him worry the fire in Andrew's heart is out. But no matter what happens, neither one doubts his best friend is there for him. And eventually, they grow up and save themselves from the trials and tribulations of life and end up right where they've been all along: together.

Next Monday, I'll share a couple more books and a couple more song inspirations. Have a wonderful week.

CC
www.cardenoc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment