Thursday, May 29, 2014

Honor and Courage


Memorial Day has just passed, and I'd like to take a moment to appreciate and acknowledge our soldiers, of every branch of the military and of every rank.

Each of you is someone's child, or sibling, or spouse, or parent. Each of you is valued and cherished for your service and commitment to preserving our freedoms and protecting, with honor and courage, the way of life that you and those of us not in service enjoy.

So I really just want to say thank you to all the serving, discharged, retired and deceased warriors who put their lives on the line serving a greater calling than some of us have ever known.

Your perseverance humbles me. Your determination motivates me. Your dedication inspires me.

There is no better example of these traits than Travis Mills, in my opinion. Here's a little bit about him, from Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" fame: http://www.today.com/entertainment/mike-rowe-dirty-jobs-host-inspired-after-meeting-amputee-vet-2D79719761

And here's Travis Mills' website, with information about him and his foundation which assists wounded and injured veterans and their families: http://www.travismills.org/about/

To those reading this who have lost friends and loved ones to war, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I am also incredibly grateful for their service and sacrifice.

~Tis


No comments:

Post a Comment