Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fantastic reviews - The Shearing Gun


My third novel, The Shearing Gun was released about 30 hours ago.  


It was a nervous wait for me, waiting to see those initial reviews.  They’re starting to flow through now.  Here are some of my favourite comments:




“… this third book by Renae Kaye is her best work so far and goes to show that she isn’t limited to a “type” when it comes to characters or plot as all three books are very different from each other. I absolutely recommend you read this, I’ll yell it if necessary – READ THIS!!!”


LOVED The Shearing Gun. I could not put it down. Hank and Elliott were so great together and fit so perfectly. You are seriously one of a few authors that are autobuy for me. I don't even need to read the summary I know I will buy it and love it!”


“Oh I loved it. So much fun and a wonderful build up in a relationship, and so full of the humour I am starting to love and need all the time. Another book by you that will be re read with anticipation many, many times. Honestly you brought me back 30+ years to a time and place I didn't even know I missed. I really can't wait for the next book you come out with.”


“Shearing gun is feckin awesome. How hot are those two. The table........ F@@k me, please.


“Oh yes! The dinner table scene. Ahem.”


“What a fantastic book! Sweet, funny, sexy... and you get to learn about all kinds of sheep stuff that is really fascinating! I loved it and was so bummed it was over! (I loved the fishing theme).”


“I think I smiled for all 224pages. I may have had a tear or two also. But I will admit to laughing and smiling and trying to make the book last just a little bit longer...The Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye was just a delightful lovely story for a Friday afternoon. Do yourself a favour: Buy it, Read it, Love it and then Review it! I did.”


“I am in love with this author. Third book, third time I have completely lost myself in said book. I was a bit unsure about this one because the subject matter isn't really anything that would draw me in but Loving Jay and The Blinding Light are some of my favorite books so I have it a go. Amazing. Awesome. Beautiful. Heartwarming. Ms Kaye has an ability with her writing to completely make me forget the world around me.”


“There are several burning hawt sex scenes too -- the extra half star is for the table sex alone.”


So there are two conclusions I come to.  
      1.  They like it.
      2.  The table scene made quite an impression!


Blurb: At twenty-five, Hank owns a small parcel of land in Australia’s rural southwest where he supplements his income from the property with seasonal shearing. Hank is a “shearing gun”—an ace shearer able to shear large numbers of sheep in a single day. His own father kicked him out when his sexuality was revealed, and since no one would ever hire a gay shearer, Hank has remained firmly closeted ever since.

Elliot is the newbie doctor in town—city-born and somewhat shell-shocked from his transplant to the country. When a football injury brings Hank to Elliot’s attention, an inappropriate sexual glance and the stuttered apology afterward kickstarts their friendship. Romance and love soon blossom, but it’s hard for either of them to hope for anything permanent. As if the constant threat of being caught isn’t enough, Elliot’s contract runs out after only a year.

Buy from Dreamspinner here.
Buy from Amazon here.
Buy from All Romance eBooks here.


How to contact Renae:




Twitter:  @renaekkaye



No comments:

Post a Comment