Sunday, November 23, 2014

The L in Glbt


Hey y'all!

I'm Julia Talbot, and I write all the things!

Grins. I mean, I write het, m/m, menage and lesbian stuff. A few people have asked me to talk about the lesbian fiction, so here I am.

I love to write lesbian fiction, though it's usually a hobby for me. Why is it that lesbian romance sells so poorly, y'all? I think it's because it's an undeserved market with lots of underpaid working women in it, but I'm not here to get political.

I am here to tell you that most of my lesbian stories are shorts, because I think the format lends itself well to the subject matter. I love trying to work in as much story as I can into 3000 or 10000 words. I also tend to write fairy tales or historicals with my lesbian stuff. I love tipping the Prince Charming schtick on its head and giving the princess another woman. I love the lush feel you can achieve with two heroines, the decadence of it.

Or maybe it just feels decadent to me because I'm a lesbian?

Heh.

Here are a few of my lesbian stories out now that I've self pubbed!

http://www.amazon.com/Coyote-Kate-Camden-Julia-Talbot-ebook/dp/B00K5CBWLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416787736&sr=8-1&keywords=coyote+kate+of+camden

Lady Luck- a beautiful gambler and a tomboy

http://www.amazon.com/Lady-Luck-Julia-Talbot-ebook/dp/B00ICCOHKM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416787846&sr=1-1&keywords=lady+luck+julia

A retelling of the emperor's new clothes

http://www.amazon.com/Empress-Hates-Clothes-Julia-Talbot-ebook/dp/B00OPT3VBW/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416787915&sr=1-1&keywords=the+empress+hates+clothes

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! I'll get BA Tortuga to talk on her Bustles and Doeskin next week.

XXOO

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment