Monday, March 23, 2015

I Tried it at Home - Peeling Potatoes with Your Bare Hands


Happy Monday! Today I have another installment of I Tried it at Home. This one was suggested by Jayden Brooks and it's peeling potatoes with your bare hands. Here is the inspiration video. And now for my attempt:

1. First, I got a bag of potatoes.


2. Then I washed them and put them in my pot.

3. I decided to add in garlic because it makes everything yummier. And in case you're wondering, I used the traditional knife smash method to peel it.

4. I also added some salt.

 5. When the potatoes were done cooking, I took the strainer out and then put ice water in the same pot - yay for one pot cooking!


6. Okay, that was a lot of lead up to go time. Here is what the potato looks like before.


7. And now, here's the after - a full pot of after! (Plus butter.) Looks good, right? It really did work well!


8. Then I smashed it and made mashed potatoes. 



So finally a success story! Jayden sent me another idea - coffee ice cream. I'll be trying it (or a variety of it) soon. 

CC
www.cardenoc.com

3 comments:

  1. Feliz Lunes CC y gracias por la idea, y esperando el helado de cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked! It worked! 15 lbs of potatoes were done lickety-split!

    ReplyDelete