1. First, I got a bag of potatoes.
2. Then I washed them and put them in my pot.
3. I decided to add in garlic because it makes everything yummier. And in case you're wondering, I used the traditional knife smash method to peel it.
4. I also added some salt.
5. When the potatoes were done cooking, I took the strainer out and then put ice water in the same pot - yay for one pot cooking!
6. Okay, that was a lot of lead up to go time. Here is what the potato looks like before.
7. And now, here's the after - a full pot of after! (Plus butter.) Looks good, right? It really did work well!
8. Then I smashed it and made mashed potatoes.
So finally a success story! Jayden sent me another idea - coffee ice cream. I'll be trying it (or a variety of it) soon.