Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ask Andrew - Some Audio Loving


Dear Andrew

In one of your post on FB your said you were “working on audiobooks”. What does that imply. Do you prepare a special version of the text? Do you work with the speaker?
 
Madeleine
 
Dear Madeleine
 
When I quit the evil day job, Dreamspinner Press offered me a part time position as their audiobook coordinator.  That means that I collect auditions from narrators, work with the authors to select a narrator, and then work with the narrators to turn the completed text into an audiobook.  I also have a team on wonderful audiobook reviewers who listen to each audiobook form beginning to end to make sure that there are no errors in the narration.  They are amazing!
 
I don't choose the titles that will be produced, but I do put them up for audition and shepherd each title through the production process.  I really love what I'm doing.  I can't tell you how gratifying it is to start something and see it through to completion.  Then to have listeners purchase it and say how much they enjoy it.  Some of my titles have been turned into audiobooks and I can tell you whether its my title or not, there's a sense of pride and pleasure that I get every time I get a message or note from a listener about how the narrator helped bring the story to life for them. 
 
If you haven't yet, I hope you'll give an audiobook a try. 
 
Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

3 comments:

  1. I love listening to audiobooks at work. They get me tru the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew--

    Your books are so filled with heart, yet each story is unique and special. How do you keep coming up with such great story ideas???

    Hugs,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to audio books during my 30 minute drive to work. Great stuff! I find myself reading a book or a series wondering who would be a good narrator.

    ReplyDelete