Saturday, April 18, 2015

Happy one year anniversary Loving Jay!


Yes – that is correct.  One whole year!  And WOW – what a year it has been for Liam and Jay.  Can you believe that people started opening their books/kindles/computers/iPads and started reading, just 365 days ago?

I was going to miss my train…

And that’s how it all started for me.  I can’t believe it’s just been a year.  The amount of personal growth I have had to go through, the good reviews and the bad, the accolades and the awards… 

Wow.  Are you sure it’s just been 365 days?

Oh, my Gawd!

I feel like I’ve been doing this for years.

Since then I have been touched to the core by the kindness extended to me from readers, reviewers, other authors and publishing staff.

I started out on this crazy pathway in January 2013.  I had this dream-in-the-sky idea about maybe, if I worked hard enough, I would be able to one day write a book.  My idea was to practice and learn about creative writing, and that I would give it two years.  I wanted to have a manuscript within two years on my computer that was at the point where people would probably pay money to read it.



Some twenty-seven months later, I’m sitting here with twenty-one started stories in my draft folder, and at least twelve scribbled down in my little notepad.  But what makes me the proudest, is that I can look up from my computer and see my books.  They’re sitting up there on a shelf, and just below them are the framed covers of my books.  And yes – snuggled between The Blinding Light and The Shearing Gun is Loving Jay.


So thank you everyone who has played a small part on my fantastic journey in the last 12 months.  I could never top it (not unless Hugh Jackman knocks on my door demanding the rights to the movie based on my book), so I will have to dream less for the next 12 months. 


How to contact Renae:
Twitter:  @renaekkaye
Instagram:  renaekayeauthor

2 comments:

  1. I consider myself fortunate to have selected Loving Jay for review a year ago, not only was it a wonderful story, but I discovered an awesome new author at the same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason!

      I am so thankful for reviewers like you who took a chance on my book. Thanks for the support over the last 12 months.

      Delete