Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Inspiration for Day and Knight


Over a year ago, I got the idea for the first Day and Knight story.  I was at the Dreamspinner conference and speaking with Elizabeth as well as Rhys Ford, Amy Lane, and Mary Calmes.   They all encouraged me to go for it and I'm so thrilled they did.  I decided that since the story was going to be different enough that I would publish it under a new pen name.  So Dirk Greyson was born.  I always wanted to be Dirk and now I get to be.  :)

However as I was starting the project, I contacted Mary and told her I needed some inspiration.  I described how I saw the characters in my mind, and Mary, being the incredible person she is, went into her vast library of pictures and sent me a collection of images.  Bless her heart, she hit the nail on the head. 

The blond haired beauty is Day and the Dark broody one of Knight.  I used these images the entire time I was writing the story and as I was writing Sun and Shadow, the follow up.  I find they're very... inspirational. 

 
 
 
 


As former NSA, Dayton (Day) Ingram has national security chops and now works as a technical analyst for Scorpion. He longs for fieldwork, and scuttling an attack gives him his chance. He’s smart, multilingual, and a technological wizard. But his opportunity comes with a hitch—a partner, Knighton (Knight), who is a real mystery. Despite countless hours of research, Day can find nothing on the agent, including his first name!

Former Marine Knight crawled into a bottle after losing his family. After drying out, he’s offered one last chance: along with Day, stop a terrorist threat from the Yucatan. To get there without drawing suspicion, Day and Knight board a gay cruise, where the deeply closeted Day and equally closeted Knight must pose as a couple. Tensions run high as Knight communicates very little and Day bristles at Knight’s heavy-handed need for control.

But after drinking too much, Day and Knight wake up in bed. Together. As they near their destination, they must learn to trust and rely on each other to infiltrate the terrorist camp and neutralize the plot aimed at the US’s technological infrastructure, if they hope to have a life after the mission. One that might include each other.

Purchase form Dreamspinner Press:  http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=6310

Be sure to check out Dirk's web site and see what's coming next.

www.dirkgreyson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment