Monday, June 1, 2015

Ask CC by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday! Ora, my amazing friend/helper with all things, knows I'm blogging challenged so she came up with a great new idea where readers can ask me questions & I'll answer in a blog post. Today is my first post answering reader questions!

Question 1: "Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near? Sorry, I could not resist."


CC Answer:  I'm not sure if this was a real question, but a definite answer came to mind. Or if not an answer, a story. When I first moved into my house there was this mailbox at the edge of the yard. It was old and in bad shape and completely, COMPLETELY slathered in bird poop. For real. So I had the thing pulled out (it was cemented into the ground, ugh) and put a mailbox in a different location. This was over three years ago and to this day, if someone makes the unfortunate decision to park in that spot, a bird will inevitably land on the car and poop. I had no idea birds had such good memories! So, anyway, why do birds suddenly appear every time I'm near? It's because of that mailbox/poopstand.


Question 2:  What is your next book? And when does it come out?


CC Answer: My next release is a contemporary novel called Strange Bedfellows. We're putting the finishing touches on it now and should have it ready within the next few weeks. Jay Aheer made an *amazing* cover for this book. We're revealing it at Two Chicks Obsessed with Books and Eye Candy on June 11th.

I'm also finishing up edits and some expansions for three novellas that'll be re-released this month: A Shot at Forgiveness (contemporary), All of Me (shifter paranormal), and Places in Time (contemporary). Kelly Shorten made great new covers for these novellas and we're revealing them at Love Between the Sheets on June 4th. 

And last but not least, I'm working on edits and new covers for the three Mates novels. Those second editions will be released mid-July and I have cover reveals scheduled at Jo & Isa Love Books on June 29, 30, and 31. 

I'll make sure to post information once these are out.

Question 3: "Hi CC, My second language is French and I'd love to read your wonderful books in that language. Do you have any plans to have your work translated?"


CC Answer: I'm so happy to be able to say, "Yes!" I'm working with a great French translator, Bénédicte Girault, to get my books translated into French. He Completes Me is set to release in French by late June/early July and Love at First Sight will be out in August/September.


Question 4: "As a recent convert to audio books (thanks mainly to Jason Mitchell) I regularly listen, and  re-listen to your wonderful books. I can't wait to get my hands on Johnny in audio! Do you have any timeline for audio publication?"


CC Answer: First, big thanks to Jason for telling people about audio books! Jason is an audio expert and I send him narrator interviews all the time to get his opinion/approval. As far as Johnnie - the amazing Greg Tremblay is producing that audio book. It'll be ready really soon!


CC
www.cardenoc.com

6 comments:

  1. I would have been happy with "just like me, they long to be, close to you" but the bird poop story was wicked funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CC! "Perfect Imperfections" is one of my favorite m/m books!! Will Reg & Jeremy pop up in some of your future books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tounorris. Always wonderful hearing from you! I don't have any pop-up plans for them right now. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay CC! You are the best question answerer there is. Shout out to Jason- yes, I'm addicted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're the best question asker!

      Delete