Thursday, June 4, 2015

When Books Take Over Your Life


It's one of my favorite things in the world to fall in love with a book so much that I feel like it takes over my life. I order pizza instead of cooking, or hide in the bathroom to get a few extra minutes of reading time. Books are such a huge part of my life, and I love to get lost in them. To slip into someone else's world and meet new friends or fall in love. That's what reading does for me. If it's a good book, I fall in love write along with the characters. I feel like the secondary characters are my friends and I want to hang out with them.

The thing is, my poor family has to deal with that not only when I'm reading, but when I'm writing! LOL. When I'm in the zone I completely lose myself in the story I'm telling. If I'm really feeling a book, I think about it all the time, and sneak every spare minute I can to write. I again order pizza because it's so much easier than cooking! And most of the time, they don't care about that part of it :) That's the thing about being an author though, we fall in love with books from both sides of the coin, which is pretty amazing!

I'm going through that right now with the book I've been working on. It's called CROSSROADS and I am obsessed with the two heroes, Nick and Bryce. I'm not just obsessed with them, but the whole cast of characters. I want to work on it all the time, and I'm not reading in the evenings because I'd rather be spending time with them. The first draft is actually finished. It has been for a while but I keep tweaking it and reading through it because I want to be with Nick and Bryce as long as I can. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

I have to force myself not to touch it anymore because it's off with readers and realistically, I know it's smart to take a break, but they're still there, on my mind.

To help try and get some space, I need to find a good book to read, so my question for you is, what's the last book that took over your life?

6 comments:

  1. The latest series that took over my life was the Indebted series by Pepper Winters. Absolutely loved it, devoured them in 4 days. Now I'm in a slump again because the next one does not come out until August! Aaaaggghhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boys on The Mountain by John Inman. I couldn't put it down, and it thoroughly creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished two different series in two weeks both by Sara York called Texas Soul series and Colorado Heart series! They were wonderful so full of emotion it was like a huge roller coaster! I ordered take out everyday and every where I went the kindle went it didn't matter where even at college with me I was reading them!! My poor husband and kids thought mommy had left forever!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skullblasters, Olympians and the Santoro"s by Sandrine. Blue moon and nothing special series by a.e. Via. Firsts and forever by Alexa land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The harvest, leap of faith and fur, fangs and felines by m.a. Church. In death by Jd Robb

    ReplyDelete