Friday, July 31, 2015

A Year of Many Firsts by Felice Stevens


 Hi everyone! I'm Felice Stevens and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Cafe Risque family with these wonderful authors. I was thinking about what I should write for my first post and in reviewing my past year of becoming so far, I realize I have been on a never ending treadmill.


Last August, my first book, Rescued came out and it was surreal not only to see my book up for sale but know that people bought it. The first time a reader messaged me and told me she loved my book I think I couldn't speak for a while. My kids and husband appreciated that, I'm sure.     

Oh yeah and a little thing like sleep. I don't do much of that. I need to figure out how to get some more sleep. But that's another post for another week. 


I decided for my next book (A Walk Through Fire) to write a three book series; the Through Hell and Back books are my first attempt at series writing. As a pantser, which means I don't plan the book out ahead of time, I just "go with the flow,"it was a challenge to keep all the details of the different character's lives straight throughout all the books.


I dipped my toes into the waters of self-publishing for the first time this past February when I wrote Memories of the Heart, which was a whole lot of firsts; picking an editor and cover artist and then learning the ins and outs of formatting and uploading to the various retail sites. So not my thing. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a techy person, so I was proud when I managed it on my 8 year old Macbook. It has since been retired.


And in case you wondered, I actually have a personal life that has been nothing if not chaotic this year as well. My daughter graduated college and moved home. 

Oh and I had another book release - a contemporary novel called One Step Further.

Two weeks later my son graduated high school and in two weeks I'll be driving to Montreal to bring him to college. All this while working full time and trying to find time to write all the stories floating around in my head.

Meanwhile I'm planning for a new book release on August 17th. Beyond the Surface, the start of a new series called The Breakfast Club.

I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures with you here at Cafe Risque on Fridays. Now I'm off to turn up the setting on that treadmill ....

Felice Stevens

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the many hours of enjoyment I have gotten from your books!

    ReplyDelete