Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sorry for the Absence - Conferences, Conferences


Over the past few weeks, I have been travelling non stop.   I was booked into three conferences in three weeks and I can tell you it just about wore me completely out.  I started my odyssey at Euro Pride Con in Munich which took an incredible amount out of me.  The con itself was really awesome, but the travel was exhausting, especially with the time change.   When I got back, I was home for just a day and then I left for Tampa and Rainbowcon.  That too was great and I saw a lot of good friends.  This past weekend I was in new York for the RWA national conference. 

So... some things I learned.  From now on Dominic keeps track of the calendar so I don't get over booked.  Also I need to learn to say no occasionally, but dang that's a hard one, especially when I want to see everyone.  I definitely need to give myself more time between conferences.  (And if I can get my family to hold off on the drama till I can get home, that would be pretty amazing too.)

However the thing is that each of these conferences was pretty special in their own way.  I met some amazing people that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.  I rekindled some friendships, and mostly I got to be around authors and readers of gay romance. That's always an amazing time. 




Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and works in information systems for a large corporation.Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Email him at:  andrewgrey@comcast.net

His web site is:  www.andrewgreybooks.com

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks

Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

No comments:

Post a Comment