Monday, August 10, 2015

Ask CC by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday! I haven't written an Ask CC post for a while - time to catch up!

  • Question: Hey CC, When writing a new story, do you come up with plot first and create characters to fit, or do the characters make themselves known first? Caroline.

Hi, Caroline! Thanks for another great question. I had to think of my various books to come up with an answer and after doing that, I'd say, it depends. :)

For my contemporary books, characters come first. I think of the men in my stories, who they are, who they'll become, how they'll fit together. I get to know them in my head, and then I write their stories. My books are very much character-based as opposed to plot-based so the surroundings are there only insomuch as they are part of the characters' lives.


For my paranormal books, there's a bit of both. Characters still come first and I'd still describe my paranormals as character-based, but unlike my contemporaries, these books are set in worlds I create. That means I have to imagine the setting itself, the rules of that setting, the structure, and then I can create people that fit within it and whose stories are interesting within it. For that reason, I'd say the overarching plot comes first, but the characters are still the stars of the show.




  • Question: If you had the chance to have one of your books made into a movie, which one would it be? Who would you like to see star in it?

I have such limited free time that I rarely watch movies anymore so this is the first time I've considered that question. If I had to choose a book, I'd go with Perfect Imperfections because I love music and a movie maker would hopefully add tunes to go with my book. As far as who would star in it, Charlie David is putting the finishing touches on the audio book for this story and as I listen to it, I keep wishing I could see him as well as hear him. Come to think of it, Charlie is an actor and producer. Should we start a campaign for Charlie to make Perfect Imperfections into a movie? Who wants to lead the charge?


  • Question: Do you write only one book at a time or do you work on multiple works simultaneously?

Sometimes while I'm writing one story, I get ideas or inspiration for other books so I jot down a note but as far as actual writing - I do one book at a time.


  • Question: Hi CC, I've always wanted to know, which of your characters fits closely to your personality in your real life? Thanks, Eneo

I couldn't come up with an answer to this so I decided to pose the question to a person who knows me and my books. Here's the answer: "I see elements but an entire character? Wow...huh none."

Now, there are certainly aspects of me or people I know in my books. In fact, the folks in my Facebook group know that anecdotes they share often end up in my stories.

  • Question: Will Reg & Jeremy pop up in a future book?

Never say never, but my writing list doesn't include any more of their stories right now.


  • Question: Who will be the main characters of the next mate series? Do we know them?

When I sketched out the Mates collection, I had four books in mind. The three you read and the final book, which I have slated to take place in Miancarem with a character who has been been mentioned in another book. This year has been really busy with my 2nd editions releasing as well as other things going on, so I'm more delayed than I'd hoped in getting that last Mates book out, but it's coming.

  • Question: What made you choose to write M/M romance books? 
I wrote a post answering this question. You can check it out here.


  • Question: Would you consider writing another book in the Home series?  

As of right now, I it's unlikely I'll write another Home book. My list of book ideas and series ideas is so long that I don't know how I'll get through it and it doesn't include any Home stories. 



                       
If you want to ask me a question that I'll answer on a future blog post, you can let me know here.

Have a great week.

CC
www.cardenoc.com

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Imperfections would be a great movie and the audiobook, well in a word: fantastic!

    ReplyDelete