Tuesday, August 11, 2015

wherein we talk about writing


<BA> Boo.
 <sean> eeeek!
 <sean> that never gets old
 <BA> I know, right?
 * BA leans
 <BA> how's it going?
 <sean> it's going
 <sean> you?
 <BA> it's toodling along
 <sean> I'm watching american ninja warrior :)
 <BA> woot!
 <BA> I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance
 <sean> cool
 <sean> is Julia joining us tonight?
 <BA> I don't know. She's having a bit of a headache.
 <sean> that's a shame
 <BA> you may just have to have me
 <sean> I can live with that
 <sean> *grins*
 <BA> *grins*
 <BA> So, did you always want to be a writer?
 <BA> Like forever?
 * sean ponders
 <sean> I was writing before I realized it was something you could be
 <BA> yeah?
 <sean> making up stories and stuff
 <BA> nods
 <BA> my first story was the Magic Muffin Machine
 <sean> oh, I love it
 <BA> it was a cautionary tale about what happens when your mother doesn't make you blueberry muffins
 <sean> *cackles*
 <sean> my first official written story was the The Tomb of King Tutoooooooooooo
 <BA> heeeee
 <sean> and the o's went on for muliple lines in pencil
 <BA> Tutoooooooooooooooooooooooo
 <sean> nods
 <sean> it was a ghost story
 <BA> I love it
 <BA> that's amazing
 <sean> *grins*
 <BA> was there a mummy?
 <BA> I like mummies
 <sean> nods
 <sean> there was
 <BA> excellent!
 <BA> okay, what kind of person haven't you written about that you want to?
 <sean> oh that's an interesting one
 <sean> I'd like to write an astronaut
 <BA> yeah?
 <sean> and I'd like to do a story set in the south pole
 <BA> that would be tough
 <BA> because there's SO MUCH
 <sean> nods
 <BA> that's like a pilot -- that's a whole different world
 <sean> heeee
 <sean> nods
 <sean> what about you?
 <BA> I'd like to write a ballet dancer
 <sean> oh cool
 <sean> I have an ex ballet dancer
 <BA> can you imagine that?
 <BA> a guy raised on a ranch
 <BA> that becomes a ballet dancer?
 * BA grins
 <sean> oh man, his family and friends would not get that
 <BA> nods
 <BA> that's it
 <BA> it's TOTALLY a different world
 <sean> yeah
 <BA> but there are so many people that know that world
 <BA> that would crucify me for getting it wrong
 <sean> nods
 <sean> it would take some major research
 <BA> although, you know
 <BA> I bet if I asked for help online
 <sean> someone who knew would be willing to help
 <BA> folks would point me in the right direction
 <BA> nods
 <BA> is there anything else? Sometimes I think about writing someone from New York
 <BA> someone from a big city
 <BA> but I had a hell of a time writing someone from California
 <BA> AND I LIVED THERE FOR A YEAR
 <BA>  ;-)
 <sean> LOL
 <BA> well, and I don't consider the Texas cities big, somehow
 <BA> they're just home
 <sean> nods
 <sean> I know what you mean
 <sean> Montreal didn't seem like a big city when I lived there, but it does now
 <BA> nodnods
 <BA> I liked when we visited Montreal together
 <sean> nods
 <BA> we should go to Quebec City some time
 <sean> we should - it's an entirely different feel
 <BA> okay! let's go!
 <BA> :D
 <sean> :)
 <BA> Okay, lovely. I need a shower and a snack.
 <sean> okay babe
 <BA> Love you so. Thanks for hanging out with me.
 <sean> I'm pretty tired tonight
 <sean> *smooches*
 <sean> ditto
 <BA> *hugs your neck*
 <sean> night babe
 <BA> night lovely


If you have a topic you’d like us to chat about (or any other favorite things you'd like us to share), please let us know. We’re totally up for that.

You can find us on Twitter at @seanmichael09, @juliatalbot and @batortuga.

Sean’s website is http://www.seanmichaelwrites.com
Julia’s is http://www.juliatalbot.com
BA’s is http://www.batortuga.com

Facebook:
Sean -- https://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelWrites
Julia -- https://www.facebook.com/juliatalbotauthor
BA -- https://www.facebook.com/batortuga


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment