Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Blast from My Past - from Andrew Grey


Its funny, but I've been writing blog posts for years and I wasn't sure what to write about, so I decided to tell you all something I don't think you know.  I really had to think because with all the blog entries and Facebook posts I've done, but I think I've come up with something new that I can share.  When I was a teenager I sang in the school choir.  In fact I was quite good.  At sixteen I auditioned and got into the premier choir in high school.  That was awesome in itself.  The icing on the cake was that this group planned a European tour every three years.  So at seventeen I got to g to Europe for an entire month.  We visited The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Belgium, and England.  It was quite a trip and I really wish I could share pictures with you, but the only ones I have are slides. 



It was the trip of a lifetime.  I had to be responsible for myself and my actions which meant I got my first real taste of manhood on that trip.  To this day I feel like I left on the trip a boy and came home a real step closer to being an adult. 






Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and works in information systems for a large corporation. Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Email him at:  andrewgrey@comcast.net

His web site is:  www.andrewgreybooks.com

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks

Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

2 comments:

  1. How cool! What a trip that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a musician in all the elite groups by Sophamore year and the same as a singer. There's really nothing like it. You are so lucky to have traveled with your school. I did a three week tour the summer after high school with kids from all over the US, one other from my school. The trip was great and I met m father's father for the onl time in Germany, but I would hav enjoyed it way more with friends.

    ReplyDelete