Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Bookish Questions and Answers with BA, Julia and Sean, with contest


Today we're talking about books. Feel free to answer the questions in the comments or just leave a note about our answers for a chance at a free ebook copy of a Cereus book of your choice! Cereus Building, Opening, Training, or Rescue! 

Name one book you wish you could read again for the very first time.
Julia: Borrower of the Night by Elizabeth Peters
BA: It by Stephen King
Sean: So many to choose from... A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Name one book you wish you'd read BEFORE you saw the movie:
Julia: Jurassic Park by Michael Chrichton
BA: Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
Sean:Jurassic Park by Michael Chrichton

Name your favorite "academic" classic.
Julia: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 
BA: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood or Beloved by Toni Morrison
Sean: The Handmaid's Tale is academic? I love that one. I'm going to pick a different one ,though, because I didn't do that one during my academic career. I'm going with Coming Through Slaughter by Michael Odaatje

What's your favorite romance book of all time?
Julia: Night Magic by Karen Robards
BA: The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiwiss
Sean: You guys know I'm terrible with favorites! If I absolutely have to go with just one, I'm going to go with Rain and Whiskey by BA

What one book of yours would you recommend to a book club and why?
Julia: Tomb of the God King because it's a historical m/m Cthulhu adventure in first person and book clubs would go, "What the fuck?" 
BA: Say Something because it's the closest to an Oprah book club drama I've ever written
Sean: Bent, the first Hammer novel I wrote. 

If you have a topic you’d like us to chat about (or any other favorite things you'd like us to share), please let us know. We’re totally up for that.

You can find us on Twitter at @seanmichael09, @juliatalbot and @batortuga.

Sean’s website is http://www.seanmichaelwrites.com

Facebook:



Sean
smut fixes everything

5 comments:

  1. First let me say I really love these question and answer posts! Thank you!

    As a response:
    1. Guernsey county Potato Peel Pie and Literary Society
    2. Hot Zone/ Outbreak
    3. Pride and Predijuce
    4. Agnus and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie
    5. Poisonwood Bible b/c it looks at sexism, racism, fanatical religion and family. Mainly topics that are best dealt with over wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great list! Hugs Julia

      Delete
    2. what Cereus book would you like Jana? Find them all at www.torquerebooks.com

      Delete
  2. Actually I own all the cereus books! I love them! They are in my read again list a lot!

    Is it possible to gift it to someone who is in need of cereus?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so is! Just let me know at Juliatalbot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete