Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ask Andrew - Does Size Matter - By Andrew Grey


Dear Andrew

I read a lot of M/M books, two to three a day.  I rarely put reviews out, I think I have four on Amazon.   I'm a reader not a writer, I see other reviews that are pages long, mine might run three sentences.  I know authors want to be reviewed, but do you want long detailed reviews or my short ones?


Ellen

Dear Ellen

Either size review is appreciated.  Sharing is caring and when you read a book and care enough to write a review, long or short, that's pretty awesome.  The review doesn't need to be a long detailed analysis of the book, just a short few sentences is wonderful.  What really matters is that you took the time to say something and that helps the author.  

There are many things that can be included in a review, a brief recap of the story, some of the highlights of what you liked, even a breakdown of what worked and what didn't, as well as an overall impression of the book.  All of those can be included, but the overall impression of the story is what's important and that can be summed up in just a few sentences. 

So please, write some reviews, short and sweet is just as appreciated as longer reviews, and show your favorite authors a little love.   

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree! When I review, I put how the book made me feel or affected me in which ever way .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen contact me. We love new reviewers joining our team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually put in what I liked, I don't rehash the story because the blurb does that. But I may say how the story made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually put in what I liked, I don't rehash the story because the blurb does that. But I may say how the story made me feel.

    ReplyDelete