Monday, December 21, 2015

Stove Top Potpourri by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday! My neighbor gave me a neat gift this year - a bag with all the ingredients to make potpourri on my stove. I tried it and loved it so much I wanted to make more. Enter my good friend Google. After a bit of research, I found a blog with exactly what my neighbor gave me:

  • 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
  • 1 orange 
  • 4 cinnamon sticks (the blog says to break them in half, but we didn't)
  • 1 TB cloves
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Making the potpourri is really easy. You slice the orange, put it in a sauce pan with 2-3 cups of water and the contents of the bag, and turn the stove on low for the concoction to simmer. That's it. I did this when I had people over and it really did make everything smell good. 

Unfortunately, it didn't last more than a few hours before the scent was essentially cooked away.

I thought maybe making it in a crockpot would help it last longer (and make it more portable) so I gave that a go, but the scent just wasn't as strong.

I'm going to give it another go in my larger crockpot at some point. Or maybe I'll try a different recipe. In my research, I came across this blog that has a bunch of stovetop (or maybe crockpot) potpourri ideas. Let me know if you try any. Rich Spice might be next on my list!

Have a great week.

CC
www.cardenoc.com


No comments:

Post a Comment