Monday, December 7, 2015

Sufganiyot Pictures by Cardeno C.


Happy Monday! Last night was the first night of Hanukkah and I had a great time spending it with friends. I also had fun making sufganiyot for the first time. I can't share the flavor with you online, but I took lots of pictures.



For those of you who haven't had sufganiyot, they're a yeast doughnut sprinkled with powdered sugar and filled with jelly (or with Nutella these days, but I haven't tried that yet). My dad makes them every year and his are amazing. This year, I've made it my mission to learn how. I'm getting a hands-on less from my dad later this week, but before that, I wanted to test out a recipe I found online.




I stuck to the recipe completely except that I put the ingredients in the bread machine, had it knead the dough, and left it in the machine to rise. I also had a faulty thermometer so I had to eyeball the oil temperature (stress!). 

I'm happy with how the sufganiot  flavor and texture turned out. These are probably a third of the size of my dad's and I think I like that size better, but we'll see if I still feel that way after I have my dad's version in a few days. 

Before that happens, I might do a test run of another recipe I found. First though, I need to make a trip to the store to buy a working thermometer. And some Nutella.

Have a great week.

CC
www.cardenoc.com 










1 comment: