Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ask Andrew - Notes and Ideas - Andrew Grey


Dear Andrew

When writing, how do you keep track of timelines, ideas, inspiration and such? By notes on the computer, a notebook perhaps?

Dawn

Dear Dawn

My process is very low tech.  I have a notebook that my sister gave me a number of years ago.  Its loosely leather bound and its what I wrote my notes and ideas in for a long time.  However I filled up that one and now I'm using the notebook that I got at the last Dreamspinner author conference.  I know it sounds old fashioned in this age of Scrivener and all kinds of other online tools, but I like being able to simply write down my ideas, the process of writing helps solidify them in my head. 

The thing is that I rarely refer to my notes.  The writing process usually imprints them on my mind enough that they stay.  In school I was always writing things down and for me, a large part of studying was to fill notebooks.  It helped impress what was important into my mind and that process transferred over to my writing. 

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment