Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ask Andrew - His Own Chicken and The Egg



Dear Andrew,

Did you always want to be a writer or do you do it because you're good at it?
Thx, Kendra

Dear Kendra

That is an interested question and for me sort of a chicken and the egg kind of thing.  Which came first?  Growing up I never had the urge to write.  Not really.  In school I avoided English class and creative writing assignments like the plague.  I was a very practical kid with goals of going to college and into business.  This attitude continued until I was well into adulthood. 

I discovered writing and the joy it brought me almost by accident.  I was reading gay romance and decided to try writing one.  I will admit that my first attempts weren't exceedingly good.  But they must have showed promise and I wrote around subjects I knew and loved.  The thing was that once I started it opened a part of myself that I never knew or had dreamed existed up till that point.  But once it was unlocked, the stories haven't stopped since. 

I wrote my first two stories in four months and I was hooked.  But I had no idea how good they were ort if they were worth publishing at all.  That took much more time and work.  So you see my answer is sort of w which came first and the answer is neither fo them.  At the beginning I wasn't good at it and I hadn't wanted to be a writer.  It wasn't until I had this crazy idea to try writing that I discovered over time that I did love it and that I was good at telling stories. 

Hugs and Love
Andrew


Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you tried it and loved it so much. My world would be a little less fun if it wasn't for the escape you have given us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Andrew. I agree with Michelle. Love reading your books. Really looking forward to reading Love Comes to Light. ��

    ReplyDelete