Thursday, February 4, 2016

creative headspace by Riley Hart


Writing is hard.

Yes, we all know that. This isn't a post where I complain because I love what I do and I'm thankful every single day that I get to do it...but it's hard. It's different from the work I used to do. I could get distracted, and then get right back on track. It's different when I'm writing though. I easily get taken out of the creative headspace. When I'm in the zone and I get distracted by business stuff or drama or even my mom who wants to talk to me for twenty minutes about a show I don't watch, LOL, I can't always jump right back into what I was doing. By then I'm out of the zone and I have to find my way back into it again.

It makes the days very frustrating sometimes. I can be all ready to go in the morning, totally feeling it and ready to get some serious word count written, and then something happens and my creativity shuts down. That's when I spend the rest of the day swapping from Facebook, to Twitter, to email, the whole time telling myself that I need to get back to work.

I'm thinking about getting some books on how to keep myself focused. An author friend said it helped her and I figure it can't hurt!

That's one of my goals for this year...to find a way to keep myself in the zone, and to learn how to get right back into my writing headspace when I get pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment