- 3.5 Cups water
- 8 Tea Bags (I used Earl Gray)
- 1 Cup steel cut oats
- Dash of salt
- Dollop of cream cheese or something else creamy, like cream ;)
- Toppings of your choice (raisins, almonds, walnuts, fresh fruit, cinnamon, honey, etc.)
- Pour water into saucepan and boil.
- Put tea bags in water.
- After tea has steeped (three-ish minutes), remove the tea bags.
- Pour in the oats and add the salt.
- Return to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and cook for about half an hour, stirring every once in a while and making sure the oats aren't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the oats are tender and the water is gone, turn off the heat and add in something creamy. I used a dollop of cream cheese because I had some left from the bagel place.
- Stir the creamy stuff in until integrated.
- Put the creamy oats in a bowl and top with whatever you like. I used raisins and slivered almonds because I had them on hand. If I plan better next time, I'll use fresh fruit.
I hope you let me know if you try this and have tweaks I should try. Have a terrific week!