Thursday, February 18, 2016

Up to my ears in edits by Riley Hart


I would by lying if I told you guys edits were one of my favorite parts of my job. LOL. They're not. They're important, and sometimes they're more fun than others, but my brain is always going write, write, write and I start itching to write while I'm editing, no matter how much I love the book I'm working on.

That's been the case with me recently. I just finished revisions on a gay NA I wrote with my friend Christina Lee (under my Nyrae Dawn name). TOUCH THE SKY is a book we'd discussed in November and started in December. I love it. It's emotional, passionate, important and sexy, so I LOVED being lost in the story again...but still...it's edits. LOL.

I swear not an hour after sending it back to Christina I got an email from one of my Nyrae Dawn publishers with edits on my upcoming Nyrae Dawn YA, TURN THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN. Guess who is jumping right back into edits?

Meanwhile I have TEST DRIVE (book three in the Crossroads series) sitting on my computer yelling, WRITE ME!! I'm 10,000 words into it and so itching to get back to Justin's story.

I need more time. Can anyone help with that? LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to all the new books this year for you! Both your YA and not YA *wink* ones. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete