Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Ask Andrew - Your Writing Space


Dear Andrew

This may seem like an odd question, but hey odd can be fun right? So here goes....do you have a little "something" that you have close to you for good luck or inspiration when writing?

Thanks,
LeeAnn

Dear LeeAnn

I do.  Right now its a small picture of Dominic that was taken when we were on one of our cruises.  It sits on my writing table where I can see it when I look up form my computer.  That picture has been there for the last six months or so.  When I'm, working I like to have things around me that make me smile.   Before I had the picture, it was a little sign that one of the ladies in my writer's group made for me.  It said that I was awesome.  I like being awesome.  Of course anyone who came into my work space probably thought it strange, but I don't care. 

Writing can be a difficult and demanding task master.  It demands that you constantly put just a little more of yourself on the page each time.  So surrounding yourself with things that inspire, motivate, or uplift you is almost a requirement.  As I said, the picture has been there a long time and it will most likely stay for quite a while.  But it may be joined by others.  Who knows what will come next. 

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

2 comments:

  1. Yes, six months is quite a long time!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your self indulged awesomeness shows.

    ReplyDelete