Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Food Questions and Answers with BA, Julia, Kiernan and Sean


Today we thought we'd explore a bunch of food related questions.

What's your favorite meal (ie, breakfast, lunch, supper)?

BA: If I had my druthers, I'd just snack all day. :D
Julia:  Hmmm. I like them all but I love breakfast all day.
Kiernan: Breakfast, except not at breakfast time. I'm not a big morning eater - coffee and some fruit is usually all I can tolerate first thing in the a.m. I love breakfast for any other meal, though, particularly supper!
Sean: I like supper best.


What's your favorite homemade meal (ie the actual food)?

BA: Chili. 
Julia: Spaghetti and Meat sauce with garlic bread
Kiernan: Ooh, tough to choose just one. I love homemade lasagna, particularly eggplant lasagna. I also love corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes (only get that once a year, on St. Patrick's Day).
Sean: my mom makes 'tartelette' every year for my birthday. It's a danish dish, you start with a mini-tart shell and put this seafood stew (for lack of a better word). It's creamy and delicious and has asparagus pieces in it, along with scallops and shrimp and I just love it.

What's your favorite restaurant meal?

BA: Burger and fries.
Julia: Used to be chicken parm but that's tough to get Gluten Free. I'll say cobb salad as I eat a LOT of those on the road
Kiernan: Currently, there's this little fish place in St. Cloud, Florida called the Catfish Grill that serves up the best fried green tomatoes I've ever had. Also love their fried clams. If it's a really special occasion, I'd vote for Emeril's restaurant at CityWalk at Universal Studios. His ribeye is to die for.
Sean: Steak. I love me some steak. Preferably filet mignon done rare. 

What's your favorite homemade dessert?

BA: Gluten free cookies.
Julia: cookies
Kiernan: I can't do desserts anymore because of the sugar, but I do love me some sugarfree Jell-O with sugarfree whipped topping.
Sean: no bake cherry cheesecake

What's your favorite restaurant dessert?

BA: You don't find many that I'll even eat, gluten free.
Julia:  carrot cake
Kiernan: Again, can't eat much because of the sugar, but fresh fruit is always good, I guess. *sad face*
Sean: creme brule

What's your favorite snackfood?

BA: Popcorn.
Julia: pepperoni
Kiernan: I like crisp,, sweet apples like Honeycrisp or Ambrosia, or banana chips.
Sean: chips (salt and vinegar being my favorite variety) - I love crunchy

What's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?

BA: Coffee.
Julia: iced tea
Kiernan: COFFEE!!!
Sean: coke, but I can't drink it anymore (haven't had a drop in over three years now) I drink water most often

What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

BA: Vodka and tonic with lots of lime.
Julia: vodka tonic
Kiernan: Baileys and Kahlua in COFFEE!!!
Sean: a frozen lime margarita

Is there any food that you've never tried that you would never try?

BA: Any meat rare. 
Julia: I'll try anything once unless it has cashews, which I love but am allergic to
Kiernan:  Roadkill. Seriously, they have a festival in West Virginia that's all about roadkill BBQ - squirrel, possum, raccoon, and the like. No, thank you.
Sean: I will try anything once. It might be the tiniest bite going, but I will try it.

What's your least favorite food (that you have eaten at least once)?

BA: Hrm. Probably some sort of seafood. I'm super picky about it. I don't like lobster or scallops at all. Also, anything bitter. 
Julia: boiled okra
Kiernan: Swiss cheese. Ate it once, and never again. I don't even like to be in the same room with it.
Sean: it's a tie between eggplant and liver

What holiday has the best food associated with it?

BA: Thanksgiving, of course.
Julia: Thanksgiving
Kiernan: Thanksgiving, because it has ALL THE FOOD. Coming from an Italian family (on Mom's side), Thanksgiving dinner consisted of practically everything you could think of - turkey, of course, ham, roast beef, ravioli, gravy with beef, pork, and chicken...the list went on and on. You couldn't walk after dinner - you waddled.
Sean: I have to buck the trend and say Christmas. I especially enjoy the Danish food traditions at Christmas - pickled herring on rye for the first course, followed by goose, caramel potatoes, red cabbage, and other vegetables, with citron fromage to wrap things up.

What's your favorite fruit?

BA: Apples.
Julia: bananas
Kiernan: I love crisp apples and grapes. I also love grapples, which are apples that taste a little like grapes.  And strawberries in season.
Sean: cherries are my favorite, but there's something in the sprays they use that I'm allergic to and my throat starts to swell if I eat them, so I don't. So, local strawberries when they're in season, local apples when they're in season, and clementines (I don't want to have to pick just one)

What's your favorite vegetable?

BA: Carrots, although I've never met a vegetable I didn't love.
Julia: probably peppers
Kiernan: Corn on the cob. Long, hard, hot...oh, wait...are we still talking about vegetables?
Sean: I don't want to pick just one of these either - brussel sprouts, carrots, broccoli, caulliflower, romanesque, mushrooms... the veggies I like, I really like, the ones I don't, I really don't!

What's your favorite food combo that most people think is strange?

BA: Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. 
Julia: cheese and pickles
Kiernan: I like putting corn niblets on my mashed potatoes. I don't know why, I just like it. Other than that, though, I don't like my food to touch. I know, I know...I'm weird.
Sean: Brie cheese on a digestive biscuit, or Brie on toast with jam.

What's the weirdest food that you really like?

BA: I don't think I eat a lot of weird -- I mean, my diet is super limited by health, so I tend to eat the same things over and over and weird is relative, isn't it?
Julia: Oh man. I like all sorts of weird shit. Pimento cheese. Fried pickles. candied bacon.
Kiernan: Tripe, cooked in Italian gravy. True story - my mother was Roman Catholic, and for years she ate tripe every Friday because she thought it was fish. It's actually a cow's stomach lining, which makes it meat, and a big no-no during Lent. Snort.
Sean: tongue - beef or pork, it's just so very good - it just melts in your mouth and I love it on bread with a bit of ketchup (I've also had it in a tortilla and that was yummy, too!)


Got a topic you'd like us to tackle? Let us know!

You can find us on Twitter at @seanmichael09, @juliatalbot, @batortuga and @KiernanKelly

Sean’s website is http://www.seanmichaelwrites.com
Julia’s is http://www.juliatalbot.com
BA’s is http://www.batortuga.com
Kiernan's is www.KiernanKelly.com

Facebook:
Sean -- https://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelWrites
Julia -- https://www.facebook.com/juliatalbotauthor
BA -- https://www.facebook.com/batortuga
Kiernan -- https://www.facebook.com/kiernan.kelly


Sean
smut fixes everything
where the naughty boys come... and play

No comments:

Post a Comment