Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Ask Andrew - New Readers


Dear Andrew

For readers who haven't tried your books yet, how do you think your editor or loyal readers would describe your books?

Dawn


Dear Dawn

That's a hard question.  I would like my readers to describe my book as amazingly awesome and like book crack on steroids.  :)   But I think if I had to choose one word that I would like people to describe my books it would be 'kind.'  The world is full of nastiness and cruelty and we all have way too much stress and angst in our lives.   So I want my books to be the antidote. 

I read an article a few months ago about how authors each seem to have a theme that they go back to again and again almost without realizing it.  I know I do.  Family is a recurring theme in my books, building your own rather than necessarily accepting the one we're born with, so I would hope my readers and editors would agree with me. 

So how about I end with this.  When reading my books I would hope three things for my readers, they would laugh a little, cry a little and get excited a little.  If that happens then I'm happy... and if the readers learns something they didn't know before... that's a real bonus.

Hugs and Love
Andrew

Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Sometimes I get a book that has violence or a MC loved one dies, etc and I don't like them. I know the authors are writing stuff true to real life but with real life being depressing at times, I want to read HEA stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly that is the your books affect me.

    ReplyDelete