Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Fourth! by Felice Stevens




I've always enjoyed the Fourth of July; in NYC we have the huge fireworks display and its a time when I get to go to the beach. I love the ocean. 
But this year we will be in Pennsylvania which is a very appropriate place to celebrate as well, with all its history and small town parades. One thing I get to do in Pa. that I can't do in New York City is barbecue. For me, nothing smells like summer than a good hamburger and hot dog off the grill. Pair that with a chunk of ice-cold watermelon and it's one of my favorite meals in the world.


What's your favorite way to celebrate the Fourth of July and your go to summertime meal? I'm taking any and all recipes for macaroni salad and potato salad -hold the eggs!

1 comment:

  1. We go to the beach and I make summery things for us to eat. Pasta salad, grilled chicken, corn on the cob. I also watch the movie Independence Day every 4th of July weekend. It's become my own tradition. I usually watch it late after everyone is already in bed.

    ReplyDelete