Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I Love My Editors - Andrew Grey


We authors don't do what we do alone.  We have partners who support us along with many other people who help bring our work to you and a very important part of that process is our editors.  I have long maintained that I view my editor as a close partner in my writing process.  They are the people who help me look good.  They clean up my manuscript and often times hold a mirror up to it so I can see the work more clearly. 

I recently received and edit and the entire time I reviewed it, I was swearing and cursing.  The air in my entire house was blue.  Dominic stayed away from me as much as he could.  At one point he brought me something to drink and then dashed out of the room.  The good thing is that the only one to hear my frustration was Dominic.  While the edit was painful, by the time I had gone through everything and made the changes, the story was better and I was completely wrung out.  (A cigarette would probably have bene appropriate if I smoked. )

The thing is in the end the story was tighter and better.  So I want to send a thank you to my editors, Nicole, Tricia, Lynn, and Jane.  These are the ladies who work with me and I am ever so grateful for the expertise. 


Ask Andrew is your chance to ask questions of a gay romance author.  The questions can be about the writing process in general, writing sex scenes, gay men, sex, characters in romance, characters having sex... okay you probably get the picture.    I promise to answer your questions as frankly and with as much humor as I possibly can.

So if you have a question, please send it to andrewgreybooks@comcast.net.  This is different from my usual email so your questions don't get lost.  I will answer one question a week.

Please remember this is meant to be all in fun.  (I was going to say good, clean fun, but who wants that.)    So send me your questions and let's see what mischief we can get into.

Visit Andrew on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/andrewgreybooks  and you can join Andrew's fan group All The Way With Andrew Grey.

Follow him on Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks

Visit Andrew's web site:  www,andrewgreybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment