Saturday, July 16, 2016

What is a twunk? by Renae Kaye



What is a twunk? 

It feels like a mighty weight has been lifted from me.  I can finally reveal the title of my new book – Don’t Twunk With My Heart.


As a few select friends can attest to, I came up with this title about 20 months ago.  It was a long, long time.  I’ve been holding it secret for ages, hoping that no one else would steal it from me.  It came from the Black Eyed Peas’ song – Don’t Phunk With My Heart. 


I was doing some googling and research on twinks and came across the term “twunk.”  Immediately the Black Eyed Peas’ song began rolling through my head, but this time with a small twist.  I was sing, “Oh no no no, don’t twunk with my heart…”

It was a perfect title.  Just that little bit zany to capture my author’s attention.  And I knew who would be spouting the term – Jay from Loving Jay.  So I wrote the story.

So what exactly is a twunk?  The definition may change depending on who uses the term, but basically a twunk is a twink with muscle.  He’s a twink that has turned into a hunk.

And using that definition I created Jay’s friend – Kee.  He used to be similar to Jay.  Kee used to be a twink although he never did the makeup.  But he worked the twink image for all it was worth.  And then something happened that hurt Kee.  He withdrew from his friends and concentrated on getting better.  And when he reappeared, Jay declared that he’d changed.  He was now a twunk.

Now all he needs to do is find a man, and twunk with that man’s heart…

Don’t Twunk With My Heart will be on preorder by the end of this month.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Loving Jay so much, can't wait for Kee's story. Love you play on words with the title.

    ReplyDelete